If you have been considering rhinoplasty to correct an ill-proportioned nose, summer can be the ideal time for the procedure. You’ll take advantage of the downtime from school or work, and you’ll restart your life in the fall with a new look and new confidence.
Here are three good reasons to consider rhinoplasty this summer.
- Flexibility in your schedule
Many workplaces operate at a more relaxed pace in the summer, making it easier to take extra time off. Students, teachers, and other school district employees may have the entire summer off. As it’s vacation season, requesting time off doesn’t seem to rattle management as much as periods like September’s back-to-school days or the holiday season.
Because rhinoplasty involves surgery to change to the size and shape of your nose, expect to have both a nose splint and internal dressings in place for a week. Swelling can take months to resolve completely. Dr. Brian K. Machida at STC Plastic Surgery in Ontario, Inland Empire, CA, advises patients to take at least a week to 10 days off from work for recovery. It’s nice not to have to rush back to work or school before you are feeling and looking your best, and a summer procedure can give you some extra time at home.
- The opportunity to make a fresh start in the fall
For many people, summer provides a time to rest before making a fresh start in the fall. Whether it’s a new school year, starting college, a new surge of activity at work, or the start of a new job, the fall is often a time of higher energy and new beginnings.
Starting new endeavors with a new look just puts an extra pep in your step. Why not pair the transition in your work or school life with the transition to a new nose and a new you? A procedure during the summer will set you up to make your entrance in the fall with renewed energy and confidence.
- Privacy: The chance to make the change quietly
If you’re heading off to college or a new job, you’ll be meeting new people who will only know you with your new look. These classmates and colleagues don’t need to know that you’ve made a change in your appearance. They’ll meet and get to know the new, more vibrant you.
When rhinoplasty is performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon like Dr. Machida at STC Plastic Surgery, the change will make you more attractive, but subtly. Your friends will notice that you look better, yet most won’t guess that you’ve had surgery. With his decades of experience and comprehensive knowledge of facial aesthetics, Dr. Machida creates natural-looking results for his patients, uniquely balanced with the other facial features.
At any time of year, care must be taken in the month after facial surgery to enable speedy recovery. In the summer, this includes some special seasonal precautions:
- Avoid exposure to the sun. The skin on the nose is particularly sensitive after surgery. If you go to the beach or spend time in the sun, wear a hat and be diligent about applying sunscreen.
- Don’t wear sunglasses. After rhinoplasty, you’ll need to avoid wearing glasses or sunglasses. The pressure from glasses on the bridge of the nose can interfere with healing. Wear a wide-brimmed hat or a hat with a visor instead of sunglasses. Wear contacts instead of eyeglasses if possible, or hold your glasses away from your nose when you use them.
- Don’t swim. Saltwater and chlorine can irritate the inside of your nose and lead to infection. Keep your head above water if you wade or take a dip.
Ask your specific questions or schedule a consultation today with Dr. Brian K. Machida at STC Plastic Surgery of Ontario, Inland Empire, CA by calling 800-303-9541 or sending a message via our online form. Find out if rhinoplasty will be part of your summer plan and fall fresh start.