Acne woes don’t always end during the teenage years. Many adults have acne scars, a pitted reminder of your past skin problems. Some adults continue to struggle with acne.
If you have acne or acne scars, treatment options are available. Come in for a consultation with Dr. Machida to explore your options for smoothing acne scars. There are many things you can do at home and in the clinic to smooth and enhance your skin.
At-Home Acne Scar Treatments
Treating acne scars at home can resolve small, minor scars and can improve the appearance of your skin. These treatments are often performed in conjunction with in-office treatments. Targeting your scars both at home and in the office will provide a more effective result.
- Gently Exfoliate- Exfoliation can improve the appearance of some acne scars. When exfoliating at home, use a gentle product. Save the deeper exfoliation treatments for a clinical setting. We recommend gentle exfoliation every few weeks.
- Targeted Skin Care- Are your skincare products right for your skin? Targeted, medical-grade products can give your skin the nutrients they need for a healthy and youthful goal. If you’re not happy with your current skincare products, let us know. Dr. Machida or one of our skincare specialists can help you choose an effective skincare product for treating your acne scars at home.
Caring for your skin at home doesn’t have to be a lot of work, but it should be consistent. Plan on spending five to ten minutes a day, but put the time in every day.
Come See Us for These Highly Effective In-Office Acne Scar Treatments
For the most dramatic results, you’ll likely need an in-office treatment for your acne scars. There are many types of acne scars. Ask Dr. Machida to recommend an effective treatment option for your type of scarring.
- Microneedling- Microneedling uses small needles to initiate a healing response within the skin and build collagen to reduce scarring. Microneedling requires minimal downtime and patients see results after their very first treatment.
- Dermal Fillers- For pitted scars, fillers may help. The filler is injected into the scar, filling in the depression and smoothing out the skin. Dermal fillers are a non-surgical treatment and require no downtime. Results are long-lasting, usually several months with each injection session.
- Laser- Laser treatments can smooth acne-scarred skin. We use several different lasers and can create a treatment regimen that fits into your life and budget.
Let us help you find solutions for your acne scars.
Prevent Future Acne Scars
Preventing acne scars is easier than treating them. Here are a few simple ways to prevent acne and acne scars from forming.
- Wash Your Face Regularly- Wash your face at least twice daily and after exercise. This helps to remove dirt and sweat so pores don’t clog.
- Don’t Pick, Pop, or Squeeze- Let zits and breakouts resolve on their own. Picking and popping can lead to scarring and should be avoided.
- Don’t Touch Your Face- Hands off! If you want to prevent scars and breakouts, institute a no touching policy for your facial skin.
Call STC Plastic Surgery in Inland Empire, CA for acne scar treatment.