When the temperatures drop, it’s time to come into STC Plastic Surgery for laser resurfacing. Learn why the fall and winter seasons are ideal for this skin perfecting and enhancing treatment. Call us at 800-303-9541 to schedule your skin care consultation with our plastic surgeon, Dr. Brian K. Machida.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Basics
A laser resurfacing treatment uses a high-powered laser to treat and repair damaged skin. At STC Plastic Surgery we often use a fractional laser for our resurfacing treatments. A fractional laser:
- Treats a fraction of the skin at a time, leaving surrounding healthy tissues to speed healing
- Reduces downtime when compared to other laser treatments
- Achieves effective results with a gentle, well-tolerated treatment
- Allows for a shorter recovery period and fewer activity restrictions
- Offers a versatile treatment experience and addresses a variety of common skin complaints
- Long lasting result that continue to improve for several months after treatment.
- Boosts collagen production for skin that looks and feels younger and healthier.
Our laser resurfacing treatments are performed at our Inland Empire office by fully trained and experienced staff. Dr. Machida will carefully discuss your options before treatment. This helps each patient to find the right balance between effective results and available treatments.
Goodbye Summer, Goodbye Sun Damage
For many of our patients, summer means sun damage. Next summer, we recommend using sun protection to combat the age inducing effects of sun exposure. Sunscreen and covering up can dramatically reduce the amount of sun damage and aging you’ll experience. For the damage that has already occurred, come see us. Our laser resurfacing treatments treat sun spots, discoloration, precancerous lesions, and wrinkles, all signs of sun damage. They can also address common age related skin complaints including rough skin texture, uneven complexion, and fine lines. Laser treatments are an ideal end to summer.
Sun Exposure and Laser Treatments- Why Fall and Winter Are an Ideal Time for Laser Resurfacing Treatments
If you’re thinking about laser skin resurfacing, fall and winter are some of the best times for treatment. We perform these procedures year-round but find that patients enjoy an easier recovery experience and enhanced results from procedures during the fall and winter.
Why are laser treatments best performed after the weather cools down? Benefits of fall and winter treatments include:
- Easier to Stay Out of the Sun- During recovery from a laser treatment, it can be beneficial to reduce and limit sun exposure. Many patients find this is easiest to achieve during the fall and winter when more activities are performed indoors.
- Skin Isn’t Tanned- Some laser treatments work best on skin that isn’t tanned. This is often easier to achieve during the fall and winter months.
- Milder UV Rays- UV rays are lowest during the fall and winter, making this an ideal time for laser treatments.
- Skin Sensitivity- The skin is often more sensitive to the sun and sun damage after treatment.
Forget pumpkin spice; our favorite part of fall is the ability to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin effectively using our laser resurfacing treatments. Come in to learn more about these treatments and to decide if they are a good fit for you.