Chubby cheeks are synonymous with youth. As you age, those baby cheeks begin to slim, transforming your baby face into an adult one. Age more, and your once-chubby cheeks may start to deflate. Facial volume loss is a surefire sign of getting older. Restoring and maintaining your facial volume can help you to look youthful and refreshed as time marches on.
Learn about your options for maintaining youthful facial volume with these surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
What is hyaluronic acid? If you’re not familiar with this important substance, it’s time to get acquainted.
- Not harsh: When you hear “acid,” dangerous is the first word to come to mind, but hyaluronic acid couldn’t be gentler. This substance is a skin-loving sugar that attracts moisture.
- Naturally occurring: You’ll find hyaluronic acid from head to toe, with the heaviest concentrations in the eyes, joints, and skin.
- Moisture-boosting: Hyaluronic acid has an amazing ability to bind to water and helps the skin maintain hydration.
- Decreases with age: As you get older, hyaluronic acid levels in the skin decline, leading to wrinkles and changes in the texture of your skin.
How can you boost the hyaluronic acid levels in your skin? Try these ideas.
- Skincare: Many skincare treatments contain hyaluronic acid. Look for professional-grade formulations with high concentrations of HA. Ask us to recommend high-quality skincare products formulated for your skin type and concerns.
- Dermal fillers: Most dermal fillers, including Juvéderm® and Restylane®, are hyaluronic acid-based. This skin-loving compound does an excellent job of filling in wrinkles, adding volume, and smoothing the skin. HA is well-tolerated by most patients, and since it is biocompatible, reactions are rare. Dermal filler treatments take a few minutes and yield impressively natural-looking results when performed by a skilled injector.
Get your dose of hyaluronic acid for youthful and vibrant skin.
Our Top Pick for Treating Facial Volume Loss: Facial Fat Transfer
Fillers and face creams can slow the signs of aging, but if you’re serious about restoring facial volume, we’d like to recommend something a little more powerful. Facial fat grafting is one of our favorite options for revolumizing an aging face. This treatment uses your body fat to fill in hollows, boost volume, and smooth wrinkles.
In a fat transfer procedure, Dr. Machida removes fat from an area with excess and moves it into an area that needs more volume. For example, we may take some of the fat from your thighs and use it to add contour to the cheeks. This transferred fat implants into the new location, permanently enmeshing with the tissues there and providing long-lasting results.
We use BeautiFill for facial fat grafting, a revolutionary new system that dramatically improves outcomes for facial fat transfer.
- Up to 95% of the transferred fat will take hold in its new location.
- Laser extraction system reduces trauma to the skin and fat.
- Results last longer than fillers because your body won’t reject or re-absorb the fat.
Contact us to learn more about facial fat transfer and the many other options for facial rejuvenation in the Inland Empire.