Polka dots are fun and flirty on a bikini, but not so much when they’re on your skin. If you’re seeing spots when you look in the mirror, a fractional laser treatment may hold the power to restore a smooth and even skin tone.
What Is a Fractional Laser?
A fractional laser is a non-surgical treatment that uses powerful energy to target skin damage and encourage the growth of healthy new skin cells. It is called a “fractional” laser because it treats only a fraction of the skin at any given time. Small, pinprick-sized treatment zones are surrounded by untreated areas. By leaving channels of untreated skin intermixed with treated areas, healing times are significantly reduced while still giving you the benefits of stimulating the natural healing processes of the skin and new cell growth.
Fractional laser doesn’t mean reduced results when compared to more traditional laser treatments. This treatment improves the appearance of the entire face, as the powerful laser energy affects the treated areas and the surrounding untreated skin too.
Laser Energy and Its Effects on the Skin
How does laser energy remove age spots, eliminate wrinkles, and heal damaged skin? Though it may seem counterintuitive, laser treatments improve the skin by damaging it with the high energy of the laser beam. When the skin is damaged, the body initiates a healing response. Collagen production is greatly increased after a laser treatment. Since high levels of collagen are a hallmark of youthful skin, this increase is not only healing but also revitalizing.
Cosmetic lasers are versatile and can improve many common signs of facial aging. At STC Plastic Surgery, we use this treatment to reduce and even eliminate:
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin tone
- Rough skin texture
- Acne scars
Since a fractional laser treats only a portion of the skin, it is gentler than many skin resurfacing treatments, while providing long-lasting skin transformation.
Why We Love Using the Fractional Laser for Age Spots
Few treatments can rival the fractional laser for reducing age spots and hyperpigmentation. This treatment is one of our favorite options for these reasons:
- One and Done– There’s no need to commit to a lengthy treatment series with the fractional laser. Patients experience dramatic results in just one treatment, and most won’t need another for several years. Dr. Machida likes to say that fractional laser treatments are “one and done.”
- Highly Visible Changes– They say slow and steady wins the race, but when it comes to aesthetic treatments, we prefer rapid and dramatic. Our fractional laser treatments offer visible results. You won’t need to wonder if your treatment is working; just look in the mirror and you’ll know it is.
- Complement Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures– Dr. Machida is known for his stunning surgical transformations, and a fractional laser treatment can give you even more dramatic outcomes. Think of it as making the bed. A laser treatment is the smoothing step to enhance your facelift results.
- Long-Lasting Results– Fractional laser results are long-lasting. Many patients require only one treatment and enjoy results for several years. Good skincare will enhance and extend your results.
- You’re Probably a Candidate– The fractional laser is versatile and a good choice for many skin types. If you are in generally good health and want to smooth your skin, this treatment is likely a good fit for you.
- Minimal Recovery– The fractional nature of this laser treatment is one of its biggest benefits. Since a portion of the skin remains untreated, healing times are shortened. There is minimal physical downtime after treatment, but many patients choose to take a few days off as the skin will be temporarily reddened during the initial phases of healing.
Fractional laser treatment in Los Angeles, CA is an effective approach to eliminate age spots, wrinkles, and other skin concerns. Call STC Plastic Surgery at 800-303-9541 to learn more about this skin-enhancing treatment.